Black Lake Lunker Hunters

Black Lake Lunker Hunters

Monday, August 1, 2011

July 23rd to 31st fishing report

4 lb 1 oz Largemouth



Andrew and Jessica learning the ropes at Black Lake.  (and catching on quick!)


174 bass for the week!  Good fishing week.  Broke the four pound barrier with a 4 lb 1 oz largemouth.  Caught it in "The Cut" near, what we call "Naked Man Point". (named by my brother for an ugly sight he witnessed years ago).  Denise landed two nice, solid 3 pounders.  For the week we had decent weather,  a couple days of rain, but that didn't stop us from fishing each day.  On the 24th I had on a big fish!  I was thinking this was the big lunker bass I've been waiting for.  It kept making hard runs and had my heart pumping.  I played it for awhile and was finally able to get it near the boat to rear it's head.  I was expecting to see a large pike or bass, but it had wiskers.  Damn channel Catfish!  Doh!  It weighed around 7 lbs.  Oh well.  It was exciting anyway.  Andrew and Jessica came up for a few days and got some fishing in with us.  We had a great time.  When we weren't fishing, we played Yahtzee, watched movies and Curb your Enthusiasm.  The kids went on to Alex Bay to round out their vacation.  Until next time folks...
Fish On!

No comments:

Post a Comment