Black Lake Lunker Hunters

Black Lake Lunker Hunters

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

2012 winning team comments

Here is the comment from the winning team in the dash for cash 2012:

"First I would thank Ali and his staff for their time and effort in hosting this event. I look forward to this each year. This I believe may have been my 20th. year. I know all the rules and follow them. I was part of a team that tied for first place and my partner took the polygraph. I know what its like walking away from the weigh-in wondering what those guys did to get that weight.


Well I can tell you we did nothing different than any other year. We fished the spots that had fish on them earlier that week. I had only caught 1 fish over 5lbs. in practice and most were 14". I threw the same jig with a ZOOM trailer.

Believe me we are just as surprised to be able to get those bites and get them in the boat besides. The last fish we caught 5lbs was wittnessed by another contestant. The other 2 were caught behind other teams after they fished the same water. I hope they didn't see us.

We ended up using my partners boat because mine had a motor problem. We moved into an area that I was familar with and he gave me the front, not to many guys will do that. Its just one of many little things that made this a great day on the water.

My partner and I fish together at some open tournaments and we compete against each other in our club. Weather we win or lose we always congradulate the winners and we always have a good time. Did I mention he is great with the net.

I will admitt we had got really lucky this year. The level compation and the experiance that fish this is what makes winning this such so special."  Team #40.



No comments:

Post a Comment