Black Lake Lunker Hunters

Black Lake Lunker Hunters

Monday, August 5, 2013

August 1st - 4th fishing report.


What!  Finally!  A true lunker.  4 lb 13 oz
Looking good! 

Went home for two days and now were back.  Woo Hoo!  A much happier report this time.  Finally caught a real lunker.  4 lb 13 oz.  3 little ticks short of 5 pounds.  But I'm very pleased.  It's my biggest bass in five years.  I tribute this catch to my lucky Baltimore Orioles shirt.  HA HA HA!

Thursday August 1st - Caught 27 bass today.  The bite was on!  Fished 8:15 am to 10 am.  Had 11 bass and then rain moved in.  Fished 6:15 pm to 8:45 pm.  Had 16 bass.  Caught a sweet lunker 4 lb 13 oz.  Best bass of the year by far, and my best in five years.  Man that felt good!  Denise did an excellent job with the net.  I was worried it would break the line before she got it in the net.  We definitely found a honey hole today. Location of honey hole cannot be disclosed.  But we did fish Conger Island, Biggie Island and Upper Deep bay today.

Friday August 2nd - Caught 9 bass today.  Fished  7:15 am to 11:45 am.  Had a nice 3 lb 8 oz bass.  No picture necessary because of yesterday.  LOL!  No evening fishing.  Big winds moved in and I prefer not to capsize!

Saturday August 3rd - Caught 9 bass today.  Only fished in the morning.  Big winds moved in again.  Had a nice rain, lightning and thunderstorm for the evening.  First good light show we experienced this year.

Sunday August 4th -  Caught 9 bass today.  For real, what is up with catching 9 bass three day in a row.  Weird!  Fished in the morning only.  Had to pack up and head back home today.  I guess I am going back to work for a full week.  That sucks!  Yes, I'm spoiled with all the vacations days I get at work.

Caught 54 total bass for the 3 1/2 day trip.  Not superb, but the best bass bite of the year for sure.  The 4 lb 13 oz Lunker made the trip.  First day of August put a big smile on my face.  Next 4 day trip starts Saturday.  Can't wait already.  Oh yeah, the lake water level is down nearly 3 feet since the opening day of bass season.  It's finally what I would call "normal" for this time of year.  Until next time folks...    Fish On!

No comments:

Post a Comment