Black Lake Lunker Hunters

Black Lake Lunker Hunters

Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 20th & 21st fishing report

3 lb 12 oz Smallmouth Bass August 20th, 2011
A short rainy weekend is in the books.  Caugth 9 bass and 1 pike on Saturday.  The day started beautiful and sunny.  Landed a real nice 3 lb 12 oz smallmouth bass at RPB.  It put on a nice air show with a couple good jumps.  I had a nice hookset with a jungle jig loc and creature bait.  No way that baby was getting off.  After about 30 seconds of fun, I figure I better get it in with the net.  It's my personal best record for a smallmouth.  The water level was up another inch or two and the fish bite is still slow.  Fished four hours and then did some painting.  It got overcast around 4pm and rained a little in the evening.  Sunday was a wash out with lots of rain.  No fishing!  Boo hoo hoo.  I decided to raise the docks five inches before going home.  I'm sure the water is going to rise more the next few days.  I also installed a outdoor tv antenna with remote control.  Now we get about 10 channels instead of just two snowy ones.  A couple are even digital.  Woo Hoo!  Next week I hope to report on a three day fishing weekend.  These two day weekends are just too short.  Unfortunatly, I did not find the elusive 5 pound lunker this weekend.  It's still out there!  Until next time folks...

Fish On!

No comments:

Post a Comment