Black Lake Lunker Hunters

Black Lake Lunker Hunters

Monday, August 29, 2011

August 26th to 29th fishing report

Denise with a nice 2 lb 10 oz bass.


Just an average black lake bass.


It was a nice four day weekend at the lake.  But Sunday was rainy and windy with Hurricane Irene remnants keeping us inside for the day.  We did manage to catch 64 bass Friday, Saturday and Monday.  Best for the week was a 3 lb 7 oz largemouth near U. D. bay mouth.  Unfortunatley the picture got erased from the camera.  Some interesting incidental catches were a 4 lb Bow Fin (dog fish) in M.P. Bay.  And a HUGE Carp.  I played it for about 10 minutes before I was able to get it to the boat.  I estimated the weight around 35 pounds and length around 32 inches.  I couldn't believe my  12 pound test line didn't break.  I also was using a small 1/0 hook.  There is no picture of this huge carp because Denise decided to stay back at the camp with Bella.  They is no way it would have fit in the livewell.  It sure was fun to catch though.  We are only three weeks away from the Dash for Cash tournament.  I'm really starting to get excited about it.  It's time to spend the next two weekends looking for hot spots.    The big lunker is still out there.  Until next time folks...
Fish On!

No comments:

Post a Comment